Monday, May 13, 2019

Baptized in the River of God



I lay me down in the river of God
in the healing, cleansing waters.
His love washes over me
flows all around
carrying away my sin and shame
along with my failures and hurts

His love refreshes my soul and revives my spirit
fills me up with peace and contentment.
I rest in the life-giving waters

Then comes a voice, sweet and low
speaking words of wonder
far too beautiful to tell

His Spirit pulls me below the surface
into deeper waters
He fills my lungs with His holy breath
and I am immersed in the river of God

When I surface
when I rise
I am made new
and I am His forevermore.


------------------------------------------------------- 
If you enjoyed this post, please feel free to share it with your friends using the Facebook, Twitter and other share buttons below. Thanks! 



Copyright 2019 Jan Christiansen All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment