Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Chapel of His Own Making


photo courtesy greyman, rgbstock

A voice on the wind
calls to me,
"Come away, daughter, I am waiting for you."

Here in this chapel
created by your hand, Lord,
I am surrounded 
by your sweet presence.

Alone with you,
my heart is an open door,
inviting you to fill all
the empty spaces.

To sweep clean the residue of past hurts, 
all the confusion,
the doubts and fears
that living in this crazy world
instills.

Leaving behind nothing but
a clean spirit, filled with
your love.

I bask in the glory
of our sweet communion
and will hold on to this moment
until we meet again in this chapel
made by your hands.


(Copyright© 2015 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! So inspiring! God has gifted you. Thank you for blessing others with His love! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete