Saturday, September 14, 2013

In the arms of Jesus

photo courtesy mokra, rgbstock.com

He threatens and my heart catches in my throat.
God, no!
My mind runs ahead, imagining the scenario.
I am horrified
shaken to the core.
This beautiful boy with so much life to live
He can't mean it!

I mentally snatch him up in my arms
and run, run, run
to lay him in the arms of Jesus.

Please, please, Lord - keep him safe
I don't know if he's serious
or if he's just mad right now,
but I'm scared.

My heart is racing,
tears fill my eyes
an ache wrenches my chest
panic sets in
and then
...
Jesus.

Be still, my child.
I've got this.
I love this boy
more than you could ever know.

He's been        mine since
birth. I have plans for him and I
 will see them  through  to fruition.
Don't believe the lies of the enemy
I will surround this boy with love
with a hedge of protection
because of my great love
and because one day
he will do great 
things for
me.

My heart settles
ceases it's trembling
faith and trust
rush in.
Peace pushes away fear.
I draw a deep, cleansing breath.

Thank you, Lord.
Thank you.
I believe.

***
 "The Lord will keep you from all harm
He will watch over your life;
 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
 both now and forever more."
Psalm 121:7-8


(Copyright© 2013 Jan Christiansen. All rights reserved.)

3 comments: